January 23rd Luncheon
Speaker: Eric Shepherd, CEO, Questionmark
This interactive presentation will explore the different types of assessments and explain their respective applications, with particular emphasis on how trainers and instructional designers can use assessments such as surveys, quizzes, tests and exams to enhance the learning process. It will also examine the connection between organizational needs and quality assessment practices.
Who will benefit and how:
This presentation will help learning strategists, training managers and instructional designers address their roles as coaches, learning designers and deliverers of effective training. It addresses the role of assessments in measuring the effectiveness of social learning as well as formal training, giving learners constructive feedback and showing training managers which subject matter areas require more attention.
- Using questions and feedback to enhance learning and decrease forgetting
- Types of assessments used before, during and following learning activities
- Setting pass/fail scores for criterion-referenced assessments
- Interpreting item (question) and test statistics to determine reliability
- Basic principles for making assessments support organizational goals
- Emerging practices including mobile delivery and assessment for informal learning initiatives
About the Speaker:
Eric Shepherd has been involved with assessment and measurement for more than 20 years and has helped implement many of the changes that have taken place in this field during that time.
Helping organizations in 50 countries throughout the world deploy online surveys, quizzes, tests and exams has given Eric a global perspective on the impact of assessments on learning and performance.
Eric's views are informed by two decades of firsthand experience with assessment technologies as well as longtime connections with learning researchers and practitioners.